Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tool #5

Web 2.0 has many tools to create different products and use them in the classroom. I selected the Tikatok program where I was able to create a book about The Natural Regions of Texas. I am planning to share this website with my students. They can create and share books about concepts they are learning in class. Something I found interesting is that they can download their own pictures and use them in their books.

Word Clouds Generators is a very effective way for brainstorming and preparing the students with the necessary vocabulary and background information about the text to be read. I created a Word Cloud on Latitude and Longitude.The students can use this Word Cloud and their previous knowledge about the topic to construct sentences and/or review concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment